6/6/2012 - AGA's Award Recipients
On June 7, 2012, the New York Capital Chapter will hold its Membership Appreciation Luncheon at Wolfert's Roost Country Club.
Numerous recognition awards will be presented to the hardworking volunteers that help make our Chapter successful.
Tone from the Top Excellence Award - Andrew A. SanFilippo
Distinquished Chapter Service Award - Shelly Taleporos
Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award - Michael Conners
Thomas J. Goodfellow Chapter Champion Award - Marcella Junco
Emerging Leaders Award - Taryn Davila-Webster and Lynn Farruggia
Click here to view the list of all award recipients
Last Updated by: LBrown on 6/7/2012 5:04:17 AM
5/8/2012 - SUNY Student Wins Scholarship Award
Allyssa Curley, undergraduate student at the State University of New York at Albany, has won the Chapter's $500 academic scholarship created this year for full-time and part-time study in several financial accountability, economics, information technology and public administration categories. The applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. The award scholarship is also based on the student's potential for making a meaningful contribution to public financial management. Congratulations Allyssa!
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/8/2012 1:31:48 PM
2/27/2012 - Call for Nominees!
We need your help in recognizing individuals for their contributions to the Association both at the national and chapter level. AGA National’s Award’s list may be found on AGA National's Awards page. The New York Capital Chapter’s award list is shown below. Please provide suggested nominees for awards by March 15, 2012 to Ann Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.473.2020. National award winners will be recognized at AGA National’s Professional Development Conference in San Diego, California July 29th – 31st. New York Capital Chapter award winners will be recognized at the Chapter’s award luncheon to be held at the Wolfert’s Roost Country Club on June 7, 2012. Thank you!
• John Wrafter Distinguished Chapter Service Award - This award is the Chapter’s highest honor and recognizes outstanding contributions that have had a major impact on Chapter activities. Past recipients generally have had more than one year of significantly active service and most have also previously received the Chapter Service Award (although this is not a prerequisite).
• Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award – This award recognizes government employees who have demonstrated sustained outstanding leadership and made notable contributions to government accountability.
• Tone from the Top Award - This award recognizes those members who set the tone at the top with their staff for encouraging professional development, certification, and association membership and participation.
• Thomas J. Goodfellow Chapter Champion Award – This award recognizes members who have had at least ten years of active service to AGA. It is the Chapter’s hall of fame award.
• Chapter Service Award - This award is used to recognize participation above and beyond the call of duty, for matters that have made a positive impact and improvement on Chapter operations, membership, etc.
• Emerging Leader Award – This new award recognizes members who have demonstrated the skills to be an outstanding leader and who have shown a commitment to improving Chapter operations.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 2/27/2012 11:44:44 AM
1/20/2012 - Scholarship Information
Did you know that the New York Capital Chapter of the AGA offers scholarships. To find out more information, including guidelines and eligibility criteria, along with an application click here.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 1/20/2012 12:06:08 PM
4/11/2011 - CGFM Month Proclamation
Click here to view or download the Proclamation signed by Governor Cuomo making March 2011 Certified Government Financial Manager Month.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 4/11/2011 11:53:57 AM
9/24/2010 - Slideshow from 9/24/2010 Kick Off Breakfast
Last Updated by: LBrown on 9/24/2010 12:16:55 PM
6/3/2010 - Chapter Members Receive National Awards
The following New York Capital Chapter members are recipients of AGA National Awards:
National President's Award - Roger C. Mazula, CGFM
Einhorn-Gary Award - Robert H. Attmore, CGFM
Educator Award - LeRoy W. Mitchell, CGFM
Community Service Award - Nicole Van Hoesen
Education Award - Michael A. Abbott, CGFM
Website Award - Laura J. Brown, CGFM
Scholarship Award - William Raymer, CGFM
Newsletter Award (Honorable Mention) - Roger C. Mazula, CGFM
Last Updated by: LBrown on 6/3/2010 1:03:22 PM
1/1/2010 - The Captains Program
The New York Capital Chapter of the Association of Government Accountants is embarking on a new program to help promote the chapter's events to members and nonmembers. This effort will complement our already extensive email, newsletter and website communications in hopes of reaching more people and increasing participation. We believe this program will improve the chapter's delivery of services to members and the government financial community fulfilling our goal of enhancing public financial management. Please consider being integral to the success of this program and become a Captain!
The program is simple. Volunteer members from government agencies and private firms represented in the chapter will be asked to be our marketuing liaisons in their organizations whenever we announce an upcoming event. This can be done by emailing members and nonmembers in their organization who might be interested in attending the event. They could post flyers throughout the organization and possibily on their website. We believe this will maximize awareness of what the chapter has to offer and increase membership.
If you are interested in becoming a Captain, please contact Sigrid Coons, Vice President for Membership at email@example.com or (518)473-7674.
We plan to list the Captains on our website to help with this communication and marketing strategy. We will also honor those who prefer not to have their name included on such a list.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 1/12/2010 6:48:42 AM