11/12/2014 - New York Capital Chapter Membership Campaign
Welcome to our Chapter's Member-Get-A-Member Campaign- it's your opportunity to share the value of an AGA membership with your friends and colleagues, and earn BIG rewards in the process!
Every time you sponsor a new member you enhance AGA and our Chapter. A growing AGA means a greater appreciation of the government accountability profession, improved educational and networking opportunities for all members, and the advancement of government financial management nationwide.
This year with the NY Capital Campaign we've made referring colleagues to AGA easier than ever!
How the NY Capital Campaign Works:
1. Download a membership application and send it to the AGA National Office (address is on the aaplication) or you can also order applications by contacting Raymond Harris, Vice President of Membership at email@example.com or our contact us page.
2. Tell your peers and co-workers about AGA! Simply encourage them to fill out AGA's membership application or complete the application online. Be sure to include your name in the sponsor's name category on the application.
3. You will be eligible to receive a sponsor pin when your first referral joins.
4. After six of your referrals join (prior to January 31, 2015), you earn FREE DUES during the 2015-2016 membership year.
5. The NY Capital Campaign will end on April 30, 2015, the grand prize winner will be announced shortly thereafter.
More Prizes - Everyone Wins!
Recruit ONE or more members, receive a Sponsors Only lapel pin and get recognized in our award-winning newsletter and email.
Sponsoring Two or More
Recruit TWO members and start earning Chapter Dollars. You'll earn five Chapter Dollars for each new member that joins. Recruit two members, earn 10 Chapter Dollars, recruit four members, earn 20 Chapter Dollars and so on. Chapter Dollars are like cash and can be redeemed towards publications, membership dues renewals and Chapter education and training registrations.
Sponsoring Six or More
Recruit SIX members by January 31, 2015 and receive next year's membership dues renewal FREE.
Sponsoring 10 or More
Recruit 10 or more members by January 31, 2015 and have your name placed in a fishbowl drawing for a free TCTC registration (valued over $300). After 10, each new member is another chance at the drawing. Recruit 10 members, get one chance at the drawing, recruit 16 members, get seven chances and so on. The more members recruited the more chances to win.
Spotlight on Early Career/Tomorrow's Professionals New Members
A generous prize will be awarded to the AGA member who recruits the most new Early Career members during the NY Capital Campaign.
All AGA members in good standing are eligible to participate in the NY Capital Campaign. The campaign period includes all new members joining AGA from May 1, 2014 through January 31, 2015. All federal, state and local laws and ethics rules apply. Void where prohibited.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 2/23/2015 4:47:01 AM
11/1/2014 - Becker Professional Education Resources
Anytime Courses from AGA and Becker Professional Education
Get unlimited access to 200 on-demand courses with an annual subscription.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 11/13/2014 5:44:16 AM
11/1/2014 - Journal CPE Online Quizzes
Read your Journal of Government Financial Management, take and pass an online 25-question quiz and earn three CPE credits. Eight quizzes available 24x7 to help you earn up to 24 CPEs!
Last Updated by: LBrown on 11/13/2014 5:47:43 AM
2/18/2014 - Jan - Mar Newsletter
Our January - March 2015 Award Winning Newsletter will be available soon!
To view or download any of our prior newsletters click here to go to our newsletter page.
All newsletters are in PDF format.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 10/2/2015 6:23:16 AM
1/23/2014 - Proposed CEC Slate for 2014-2015
AGA New York Capital Chapter
Proposed CEC Slate for 2014-2015
The Nominating Committee enthusiastically recommends the following members to serve on the Chapter's Executive Committee (CEC) for the 2014-15 fiscal year beginning July 1st. In accordance with the Chapter's Bylaws, 30 members may submit an independent nomination for any officer or director position (except President) within 45 days of the date of this notice (i.e., by April 15, 2014) to the President-Elect (Brenda Carver at firstname.lastname@example.org).
If there is a contest for an elective office, ballots will be prepared and distributed by the Chapter's Strategic Direction and Bylaws Committee (SDBC). The SDBC shall certify the results of an election to the President. If there is not a contest for an elective office, the SDBC shall certify the election to the President without ballot.
We are looking forward to serving our members with excellent opportunities for education and networking events.
Click here to view or download a PDF version of the prosed CEC slate for 2014-2015.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 9/26/2014 11:58:48 AM
12/31/2012 - Invitation to Participate in the AGA Chapter Leadership
The Chapter's Nomination Committee is looking for individuals to serve as officers, board members, and committee members for the 2013-14 year. As part of the leadership team, you will have the opportunity to enhance your organizational, communication, and leadership skills. It will also provide you the opportunity to work and network with other accountability professionals at the state, local, and federal level as well as those in the private sector. Additional information on the various positions and committees can be found in our policies and procedures or by clicking here
For additional information or to express your interest in a position, please contact Michael Abbott at email@example.com. Thank you.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/15/2013 10:20:27 AM
12/20/2012 - Call for 2013 National Academic Scholarships
Call for 2013 National Academic Scholarships - Up to $26,000 Could be Awarded
Are you - or a family member - pursuing a degree in a discipline such as accounting, auditing, budgeting, economics, finance, information technology or public administration? Apply for an AGA National Academic Scholarship today!
Applications due by April 12, 2013. Apply now and take full advantage of your AGA membership.
For more information, click here.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/15/2013 10:18:53 AM
6/6/2012 - AGA's Award Recipients
On June 7, 2012, the New York Capital Chapter will hold its Membership Appreciation Luncheon at Wolfert's Roost Country Club.
Numerous recognition awards will be presented to the hardworking volunteers that help make our Chapter successful.
Tone from the Top Excellence Award - Andrew A. SanFilippo
Distinquished Chapter Service Award - Shelly Taleporos
Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award - Michael Conners
Thomas J. Goodfellow Chapter Champion Award - Marcella Junco
Emerging Leaders Award - Taryn Davila-Webster and Lynn Farruggia
Click here to view the list of all award recipients
Last Updated by: LBrown on 6/7/2012 5:04:17 AM
5/8/2012 - SUNY Student Wins Scholarship Award
Allyssa Curley, undergraduate student at the State University of New York at Albany, has won the Chapter's $500 academic scholarship created this year for full-time and part-time study in several financial accountability, economics, information technology and public administration categories. The applicant must have a minimum 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale. The award scholarship is also based on the student's potential for making a meaningful contribution to public financial management. Congratulations Allyssa!
Last Updated by: LBrown on 5/8/2012 1:31:48 PM
2/27/2012 - Call for Nominees!
We need your help in recognizing individuals for their contributions to the Association both at the national and chapter level. AGA National’s Award’s list may be found on AGA National's Awards page. The New York Capital Chapter’s award list is shown below. Please provide suggested nominees for awards by March 15, 2012 to Ann Marsh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 518.473.2020. National award winners will be recognized at AGA National’s Professional Development Conference in San Diego, California July 29th – 31st. New York Capital Chapter award winners will be recognized at the Chapter’s award luncheon to be held at the Wolfert’s Roost Country Club on June 7, 2012. Thank you!
• John Wrafter Distinguished Chapter Service Award - This award is the Chapter’s highest honor and recognizes outstanding contributions that have had a major impact on Chapter activities. Past recipients generally have had more than one year of significantly active service and most have also previously received the Chapter Service Award (although this is not a prerequisite).
• Outstanding Achievement in Government Accountability Award – This award recognizes government employees who have demonstrated sustained outstanding leadership and made notable contributions to government accountability.
• Tone from the Top Award - This award recognizes those members who set the tone at the top with their staff for encouraging professional development, certification, and association membership and participation.
• Thomas J. Goodfellow Chapter Champion Award – This award recognizes members who have had at least ten years of active service to AGA. It is the Chapter’s hall of fame award.
• Chapter Service Award - This award is used to recognize participation above and beyond the call of duty, for matters that have made a positive impact and improvement on Chapter operations, membership, etc.
• Emerging Leader Award – This new award recognizes members who have demonstrated the skills to be an outstanding leader and who have shown a commitment to improving Chapter operations.
Last Updated by: LBrown on 2/27/2012 11:44:44 AM